If you have any questions about upcoming shows, booking availability, merchandise or if you just want to say hi to the band please don’t hesitate to contact us via the form below.
- Free Download: Alexander Melnikov performs Debussy's 'La Mer' August 14, 2018'Plenty of awe-inspiring majesty and sparkle' This week’s free download is the first movement of Debussy's 'La mer', performed by piano duo Alexander Milnikov and Olga Pashchenko. The disc it appears on was awarded four stars for recording and five stars for performance in the August issue of BBC Music Magazine. The movement is entitled ‘De […]
- Best classical works for saxophone August 14, 2018Rating: 0 Debussy Rhapsody for Alto Saxophone (1919) Debussy had to be dragged kicking and screaming into completing the commission for saxophone he’d accepted from the American player Elisa Hall in 1903. After much procrastination, the composer sent Hall a draft of his Rapsodie in 1911… but with large gaps in it. He left it still […]
- The best recordings of Holst's The Planets August 13, 2018Rating: 0 A quick guide to the best recordings of The Planets Mars Philharmonia Orchestra/Simon Rattle EMI 575 8672 As 'The bringer of war', Mars needs to be brash, brutal and unsettling. Rattle and the Philharmonia, in their 1987 recording, deliver in spades. Venus Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra/Charles Mackerras Virgin 561 5102 Bringer of […]
- The best classical music on TV and radio this week August 10, 2018Rating: 0 What: BBC Prom 39 – West Side Story When: Saturday 11 August, 8:00 – 10:00 pm Where: BBC Radio 3 The John Wilson Orchestra returns to the Royal Albert Hall with a concert performance of Bernstein’s West Side Story. The star-crossed lovers will be played by Sierra Boggess and Ross Lekites and they will […]
- An interview with filmmaker John Bridcut August 9, 2018Rating: 0 Creator of the award-winning documentaries The Passions of Vaughan Williams and Elgar: The Man Behind the Mask, John Bridcut has been making films for 30 years. His more recent credits include Jonas Kaufman, Tenor for the Ages and The Genius of The Mad King. He has also published two books on Benjamin Britten. […]